A Gladstones Featured Organisation
Every day someone takestheir life in the UK because of gambling.
Gambling with Lives is a charity set up in 2018 by families bereaved by gambling-related suicide. They support bereaved families, raise awareness of the devastating effects of gambling disorder, and campaign for change.
Gambling with Lives Vision – A world free from gambling-related suicide.
Gambling with Lives Mission – To support those bereaved by gambling-related suicide and to improve mental health and save lives through raising awareness of the risks to health posed by gambling.
In support of thier mission they:
- Support families who have been bereaved by gambling-related suicides
- Raise awareness of the dangerous effects of gambling on mental health & the high suicide risk
- Campaign to reform the UK’s outdated gambling laws
Gambling with Lives Demands
- Dangerous products made safer e.g. through stake limits & play speeds
- Stringent affordability checks enforced across all operators
- A statutory levy to pay for independent research, education & treatment
- An end to gambling advertising, sponsorship & inducements
- Every gambling-related suicide is investigated & learned from
Key gambling stats from Gambling For Lives
- 409 gambling-related suicides in England every year, according to a 2021 Public Health England report
- 1.4 million adults addicted to gambling in the UK
- 55,000 children already addicted to gambling
- 86% of gross online betting profits also come from just 5% of customers
- 1 in 4 gamblers are at substantially higher risk of suffering serious harm
- 45% addiction and at-risk rates for some online casino and slot games
- 78% addiction rates for micro sports betting (“in-play”) according to this study
- £14 billion gross annual profit for the gambling industry
- £1.5 billion spent by the industry onadvertisingeach year
- 35% of people with gambling disorder receive daily incentives to gamble, compared to 4% of those not suffering gambling harm
- 15 x people suffering from gambling disorder are 15 times more likely to take their lives, according to research from Sweden
- 22% addiction and at-risk rate for those who gamble more than once a week
For supporting evidence and more key gambling facts visits – https://www.gamblingwithlives.org/key-gambling-stats/
How Gambling For Lives Campaign –
They are campaigning to reform the UK’s gambling laws to reduce gambling-related suicides.
The current legislation – the 2005 Gambling Act – liberalised the regulation of gambling, which has led to a substantial increase in gambling-related harm.
What policymakers failed to foresee in 2005 was the almost universal adoption of the smartphone and other devices which enabled gambling 24/7 whenever and wherever the gambler wanted, totally unsupervised.
To read more go to www.gamblingwithlives.org
If you have a gambling addiction or have a friend or family member who is struggling with gambling Gladstones private rehabilitation Clinics can help.
Gladstones private addiction rehab clinic Clinic offers tailored treatment programmes for anyone courageous enough to admit that they have an issue with compulsive gambling and is ready to seek treatment.
We work with gambling addicts and their families on a daily basis in our rehab clinic. We have seen the damage done to everyone involved. We apply our years of experience with the latest integrative treatment models and therapies in our highly successful practice.
Gladstones operates two private residential rehab facilities in the South-West of England, and two in London. Our main office and facilities are located in central Bristol.
All Our clinics provide clients with a private room (en-suite) & full board included in the cost of their residential rehabilitation programme. If you need to speak to someone right now for a confidential chat call us Freephone on 0808 258 2350 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org